How We Solve New Orleans Wildlife Problems
It starts with your phone call. We answer our phones 24/7, and we will carefully listen to your wildlife problem. Every case is different, so we will ask appropriate questions to help
us understand the situation better. Questions like, "do you hear the noises at night or during the daytime?" or "what type of roof do you have?" After we have a general idea of your
situation, we can provide a ballpark price range, and schedule a same-day or next-day appointment to inspect your property.
Once on site, we will perform a full inspection of your home and property. This allows us to use the correct strategy and
traps. If the animals are in an attic, a full building inspection is crucial, including the following:
- All ground-level areas, such as piper or A/C line entry & exit areas, A/C chase bottoms, ground-level vents, etc.
- All mid-level areas, such as dryer vents, siding gaps, first floor eaves or dormers, etc.
- We inspect the entire roof, including all plumbing stacks, ridge caps, vents, and other potential gaps or holes.
- We also inspect inside your attic, to identify animals and damage they have caused.
- If the animals are outside, we notice many subtle clues that will assist us in a successful strategy.
TRAPPING, EXCLUSION, REMOVAL:
Once we understand what animal species we are dealing with, and the problem, we use the most effective means of removing the animals. We use dozens of different types of traps.
- Trapping - If trapping the animal(s) in live cage traps, trap type, set, and location are crucial to success.
- Exclusion - Oftentimes, we are able to simply set one-way doors or other exclusion devices that allow the animals inside a building to safely exit, but never get back inside.
- Removal By Hand - Sometimes we actually remove animals by hand, or with special tools like snare poles.
- The Law - In all cases, we obey state and local laws regarding wildlife, but aim to take the most humane approach.
ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS:
Repairs are a crucial step in the wildlife removal process. In many cases, such as bat or rodent control, the job cannot be performed without detailed repairs, and in
all cases, sealing the entry holes shut ensures that no future wildlife will ever enter your home.
- 100% of the entry holes must be found, and sealed shut, or the job is not complete.
- Our repairs are professional contractor grade, look good, and when applicable we use steel, which rodents such as rats or squirrels are unable to chew through.
- We give a written guarantee on our repairs against any future animal entry.
ATTIC DECONTAMINATION SERVICES:
It may be desirable to clean your attic after we've removed the animals. They can leave behind large amounts of droppings,
urine, hair, oils, food, nesting material, and so on. These remnants can attract insects like cockroaches, and the scent left behind can encourage new animals to chew their way into your
house. You might experience odor problems from the waste. It's possible that mold will grow on waste areas.
- We remove or vacuum all droppings, or remove all the soiled insulation.
- We fog the attic with a special enzyme-based cleaner that destroys any organic matter and deodorizes the space.
- We repair damage, such as ductwork, electrical wires, pipes, insulation, and more.
The above are just a brief explanation of some of our methods. I haven't even addressed the hundreds of other potential cases that we deal with, from bat exclusions, to poison-free rodent control, to dead animal removal, bird roosting
prevention, mole trapping in a yard, ground-based exclusion barriers around a shed, etc. etc. Just give us a call any time, and we can describe in detail how we will resolve your specific wildlife problem.
We are here to service your New Orleans wildlife needs. It rains an average of 119 days per year here in New Orleans and when it's not raining the temperatures
are pretty high, which means you may find some un-welcomed wildlife critters trying to make their way into your home. Let us take care of your removal, aftercare, and future prevention!
Our company specializes in the removal of bats, snakes, rodents, and more! We service the greater New Orleans area including: Chalmette, Destrehan, Estelle, Gretna, Harvey, Hammond,
Jefferson, LaPlace, Luling, Mandeville, Marrero, Meraux, River Ridge, Terrytown, Timberlane, Westwego, Woodmere
, and Metairie
. We also service these parishes:
Jefferson Parish, Orleans Parish, Plaquemines Parish, St. Bernard Parish, St. Charles Parish, St. John the Baptist Parish, St. James Parish, St. Tammany Parish, Washington Parish.
Feel free to call us 24/7, we are licensed and insured.
We are ready to solve your New Orleans wildlife removal issue!
Other New Orleans animal pest control topics:
Diseases Bats Carry
The Biology of Pigeons
Trapping a Snake
Pest Control and Removal
To learn more about our services, visit the New Orleans wildlife control
This month's wildlife how-to article: How to get a squirrel out of the wall
How to get a squirrel out of the wall
Squirrels are perfect climbers hence they can easily climb into the wall using the shortest time possible and make a home of their own in your wall. If there are squirrels in your wall, you will hear scurrying of their feet especially in the morning when they are climbing out of the wall and in the evening when they are climbing into the wall. The female squirrels are the most notorious because they love a more secure area to hide their young ones. It is very easy to remove squirrels from your wall because you will be using the same procedure that you use when removing them from the attic or the wall.Techniques used:
If it is an adult squirrel, you can use a rope, the squirrel will be able to climb up the wall and you can safely evacuate it miles away from your home. If there are young ones left behind, you will be forced to employ another technique because it is impossible for them to climb up the rope. The best thing to do is to determine their exact location and drill a hole exactly above them. When the whole is big enough you can pick the babies up using your hand and place them in a bucket before taking them to their mother. You have to wear hand gloves because they are rodents and they may be carrying harmful viruses. When you are done, you have to seal up the opening and any other entry points that the squirrel might have used. It is therefore one of the easiest technique that you can use to remove squirrels from the wall. If the above technique fails, there are other techniques that you can employ in order to yield positive results:Traps
Traps are very effective and you are likely to trap them in the shortest time possible; the first thing is to ensure that you seal all the entry points and leave out one entry point. At the entrance, you can set up the trap that will easily allow the squirrels to get into them. There are different trap types that you can set up but the important thing is to ensure that you frequently check on them and release the squirrels immediately if they are trapped. Leaving them for a couple of days is dangerous because they are likely to starve to death or hurt themselves.Repellents
There are also repellents that you can use to scare the squirrels away from the walls. You have to use repellents that are non toxic to avoid harming the squirrels. Some of the repellents that you can use include: predator urine, Ammonia, Squirrel sprays and fox granules.